SF State Scholars Program expands to include Design!
SF State Scholars Program expansion
The Division of Graduate Studies is pleased to announce the expansion of the SF State Scholars program. The SF State Scholars program is a “blended” bachelor’s and master’s degree program that provides undergraduate students an accelerated pathway to a graduate degree.
Students in this program pursue a bachelor’s and master’s degree simultaneously. This program allows students to earn graduate credit while in their junior and/or senior year, reducing the number of semesters required for completion of a master’s degree. The program offers students additional career prospects, intellectual growth and the opportunity to deepen skills and research competencies. In addition, scholar students will receive a unique form of mentorship that is not often expected at a large urban university.
2019-2020 SF State Scholar Programs:
- Accountancy: B.S. in Business Administration: Concentration in Accounting + M.S. in Accountancy
- Philosophy: B.A. in Philosophy + M.A. in Philosophy
- International Relation: B.A. in International Relations + M.A. in International Relations
- B.A. in Africana Studies + M.A. in Ethnic Studies
- B.A. in Latina/Latino Studies + M.A. in Ethnic Studies
- B.A. in Asian American Studies + M.A. in Ethnic Studies
- Kinesiology: B.S. Concentration in Exercise and Movement Sciences + M.S. in Kinesiology
- Engineering B.S. in Civil Engineering + M.S. Concentration in Structural/Earthquakes (new)
- Psychology: B.A. in Psychology + M.A. Concentration in Developmental Psychology (new)
- B.S. in Visual Communication Design + M.A. in Design (new)
- B.S. in Industrial Design: Concentration in Product Design and Development + M.A. in Design (new)
- Women & Gender Studies: B.A. + M.A. in Women & Gender Studies (new)
- Theater Arts: B.A. + M.A. in Theater Arts (new)
For more information about the SF State Scholars program please visit the Division of Graduate Studies’ Special Degree Programs page.