Fall 2021 Independent Study/Internship Opportunity
"Onsite+Remote WORK for Units"
FALL 2021 Independent Study/Internship Opportunity:
Student Interns & Research Assistants
DES 576: Practical/Directed Experience: Internships, or DES 699 Independent Study
Seeking Interns and Research Assistants for
Shapira Design Archive Project (NSDA)
The designated Research Assistant will be working Prof. Ricardo Gomes to pursue the documentation, organization and development of the archive artifacts; collaborative design research projects; inclusive design promotional development creative strategies.
Qualifications: The role and responsibilities of the Research Assistant Internship will require the student to be capable of working independently; reliable, engaging and have organizational skills. Basic foundation competency in CS graphic software applications is a Plus+ in addition to organizational, promotion/marketing and design research capabilities
FALL 2021 Designated Tasks:
- IDSA “INNOVATION” Winter 2022 Article Publication
- “50th” Anniversary Shapira/University of Nairobi School of Design Promotional Graphic Campaign and Information Design Blog/Website Updates
- “Health 2049,” sponsored by First Inspire, is a podcast about the future. Assisting in preparation of a Community Digital Health Initiative
- Developing Promotional Graphic Information Design Campaign for 27th Annual Design Alumni “Virtual” Portfolio Nite, Nov. 9th, or 11th, 2021
- Design for All Institute of India, “Year of Black Lives Matters & Systemic Racism By Design,” Guest Editors December 2021 Promotional Graphics and Information Design Blog/Website Updates
- “Boris Bucan" Exhibition Proposal & Promotional Graphic Campaign in conjunction with the Design Space Gallery
Preferred Internship/Independent Study Research Assistant Hours:
(Minimum of 6 per “Hyperflex” hours per week)
Approx. 3-4 Asynchronous Hours, plus 2-3 hour Onsite+Synchronous Zoom Consultation)
Interested students contact: Prof. Ricardo Gomes by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.